- Recommended Products
Garden Myths examines more than 120 horticultural urban legends. Turning wisdom on its head, Robert Pavlis dives deep into traditional gardening advice and debunks the myths and misconceptions that abound. He asks critical questions and uses science-based information to understand plants and their environment. Armed with the truth, Pavlis then turns this knowledge into easy-to-follow advice. He answers a variety of garden-related questions:
• Is fall the best time to clean the garden?
• Do bloom boosters work?
• Will citronella plants reduce mosquitoes in the garden?
• Do pine needles acidify soil?
• Should tomatoes be suckered?
• Should trees be staked at planting time?
• Can burlap keep your trees warm in winter?
• Will a pebble tray increase humidity for houseplants?
“Garden Myths is a must-read for anyone who wants to use environmentally sound practices. This fascinating and informative book will help you understand plants better, reduce unnecessary work, convince you to buy fewer products, and help you enjoy gardening more.”
Item Number: 8381